Here's a two part question to get the blackpowder crowd all riled up.
1849 colt pocket. Very badly bubba'd and in miserable condition. Rifling absent, cylnder gone, frame strong but abused with what appears to have been a rasp. Numbers not matching when present.
So, two questions:
1) with a newly made kirst konverter style cylinder/gated breech ring, sleeved barrel, new arbour wedge and new arbour pin, do you think the gun would hold up to the average commercial 17hm2 rimfire cartridge? If not, is there another rimmed, centerfire or rimfire cartridge commercially available that would work? Max OAL is 1 inch.
Not looking to push it, just want something cheap and available to shoot. I already reload more calibers than I have time for, so want something that I can just buy and plink.
2) Considering the gun is otherwise a parts gun, is this an abomination against historical firearms? The only salvageable parts that could be used on other guns won't be altered, as the barrel is smooth and there's no cylinder.
1849 colt pocket. Very badly bubba'd and in miserable condition. Rifling absent, cylnder gone, frame strong but abused with what appears to have been a rasp. Numbers not matching when present.
So, two questions:
1) with a newly made kirst konverter style cylinder/gated breech ring, sleeved barrel, new arbour wedge and new arbour pin, do you think the gun would hold up to the average commercial 17hm2 rimfire cartridge? If not, is there another rimmed, centerfire or rimfire cartridge commercially available that would work? Max OAL is 1 inch.
Not looking to push it, just want something cheap and available to shoot. I already reload more calibers than I have time for, so want something that I can just buy and plink.
2) Considering the gun is otherwise a parts gun, is this an abomination against historical firearms? The only salvageable parts that could be used on other guns won't be altered, as the barrel is smooth and there's no cylinder.



















































