Hi folks,
I recently bought a Pietta 1851 navy .44 cal. I shot it a few times since and it doesn't always fire on the first hit of the hammer but always on the second as if the cap were not properly seated on the nipples.
I use #10 cap as specified in the user manual. I push the cap on the nipple with my fingers only...am I doing something wrong or should I use #11 cap, use a capper...
Any help would be appreciated
thanks
I recently bought a Pietta 1851 navy .44 cal. I shot it a few times since and it doesn't always fire on the first hit of the hammer but always on the second as if the cap were not properly seated on the nipples.
I use #10 cap as specified in the user manual. I push the cap on the nipple with my fingers only...am I doing something wrong or should I use #11 cap, use a capper...
Any help would be appreciated
thanks


















































