Ar180shooter
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- Ottawa, ON
[youtube]KK6Qr7qmSvY[/youtube]
Enjoy!
Enjoy!


didnt Clint change cylinders in one of his western movies . sort of like a speed loader .oh the simpler days !!!!!!!!!!
Just put enough grease on the pin and into cylinder pin hole. I had same issue before. Now shoot >3 cylinders without sticking.I own a Pietta 1858 and a Uberti. There is no way you could change cylinders after 12 shots. The pin and frame is so dirty that I have had to knock the pin out with a mallet. Maybe after the first cylinder but definitely not after the second. They made those pistols heavy for a reason.
I own a Pietta 1858 and a Uberti. There is no way you could change cylinders after 12 shots. The pin and frame is so dirty that I have had to knock the pin out with a mallet. Maybe after the first cylinder but definitely not after the second. They made those pistols heavy for a reason.
The sticking or not sticking seems to be some subtle aspect of the design of the cylinder pin. I had a Italian navy colt that was no problem if the pin was well greased before shooting. Also had an Italian Walker Colt that jammed after two cylinders were shot.
Rather than bashing away with a mallet, stick the gun muzzle down in a bucket of warm water for 5 minutes. Water level up to about the trigger. Softens the fouling and everything slips apart easily. Obviously you have to dewater above the trigger guard but no more so than with regular cleaning
cheers mooncoon



























