I am new to the form so please bear with me.
I was given a basket case snider enfield. When i got it home the stock was broken at the comb but all the other pieces were there. All the parts are marked WD (war department), the lock has a crown and under it VR in front of the #### is the date 1860, the barrel is marked III steel and is clean (with numerous other prof marks). I believe this make it a Mark3 snider purposely built for the war department. The problem is that i do not have the locking swing out breach block I have been on the net looking with no results. IMA in the states could not come up with one. Does any one know were i mite be able to obtain a locking snider enfield breach block. Thanks
I was given a basket case snider enfield. When i got it home the stock was broken at the comb but all the other pieces were there. All the parts are marked WD (war department), the lock has a crown and under it VR in front of the #### is the date 1860, the barrel is marked III steel and is clean (with numerous other prof marks). I believe this make it a Mark3 snider purposely built for the war department. The problem is that i do not have the locking swing out breach block I have been on the net looking with no results. IMA in the states could not come up with one. Does any one know were i mite be able to obtain a locking snider enfield breach block. Thanks


















































