1881 frontier 44 revolver?

twoshots

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Location
ON
hello,

my Dad is looking at one of these, I believe it is a Belgian made 44.
the grips are missing and I'm wondering if there are replica replacements available as I'm sure the originals are scarce.

thanks very much for any info.
 
It would probably be a lot easier to make your own grips; buy a piece of walnut flooring from the local flooring store and go from there. In terms of buying original grips, very much a case of trying what you find in gun shows and maybe finding a set that match. Most of the grips that I have seen have come from small cheap guns that have been scrapped and would be too small for what you want.

cheers mooncoon
 
I agree with Mooncoon i been trying to get some Elk antler pieces to make a set for a few of my guns.
i figger if your gona go to the troble of makeing your own grips then elk is a good material to use.
make a template outa thin cardbord and go to town on some antler with a band saw.
Moose does work to but Elk is much nicer looking.
Them Belgian guns your talking about have small grips simlar to a S&W DA 44 Russian revolver so even a nice chunk of deer antler should be big enough to make a set of grips from.
 
Dingus, patience, shed season is approaching...............

BTW many small moose antlers have the striations desirable for grips in the flat sections near the base.
 
I have some moose and elk antler, If I can't find originals we'll make up a set. That would look pretty nice.

thanks guys
 
Back
Top Bottom