I've bought an 1883 Reichsrevolver with a bubba'd cylinder (triggerguard too) for a good price. The front of the cylinder has been bored out some, now shooting an antique gun like this is already putting strain on it and I wouldn't want to be shooting it now with an even thinner cylinder wall. So, to make it shootable I'm thinking about taking it to a gunsmith and getting it fixed- I could get the cylinder sleeved to return it to its original caliber (the bore is nice on it) but if I'm going to be doing work on it I was thinking about getting it in a more readily available caliber other than .44 Russian that these guns shoot. I was thinking about .38 special, anyone have any thoughts on other calibers I could do ? Also, .38 special being a relatively weaker cartridge I think shooting commercial ammo shouldn't be a problem through the converted 1883 Reichsrevolver. Also- can anyone tell me what unit it belonged to ? 9. R. A. 3. 127 with a funny crown stamp after is the handle marking. Pics ahead-
Nice gun overall
Front of cylinder
Back of cylinder
Anyone know what unit mark this is ?
Nice gun overall
Front of cylinder
Back of cylinder
Anyone know what unit mark this is ?


















































