1892 French service revolver

No need to convert 1892 into anything 'more common'.
Brass can be made from 32-20 by trimming to 1.07".
Then you need a set of dies from CH4D and a custom mold which would drop .325"-.328"
My mold is a custom order from Lee Precision. Many of my customers emailed me to say that they were very pleased with superior accuracy. I've sold 10s of 1000s of bullets and shot about several 1000s
I don't ever post loads, but can tell you that it's very easy to develop based on the similar sized cartridges like 38 SW, 32-20 revolver (not rifle!) etc.
A friend I've taken to the range shot a cloverleaf with my ammo at 10 yards one day, after I was convinced for years that the best it can do is 1". That tells you how bad of a shot I am :(
 
It's all good but this was just for experiment with a gun that had bad barrel for one and commonly available ammunition for someone who does not reload.
Either way good info here. I wish you would share the load recipe. For informational purposes.
 
For the loads you can try browsing old gunsworld site in web archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090215154549/http://gunsworld.com/french/18xx/1892_us.html

I have a mirror saved somewhere on the network, but finding it will take much longer than going to the wayback.archive.org

His reloading page lists European Vectan powders, you'll need to do homework and find their modern US equivalents. Those were my starting loads which only required minor adjustment to achieve best accuracy.
 
I'm still planning on converting this 1892 here but have been a little short on time. Who would have guessed being laid off is so time consuming? :D

Glad to see it's not the nice-condition 1892 that's getting worked-upon....:)

And here's sincerely wishing you all the best on the employment front :yingyang: , of course.
 
Glad to see it's not the nice-condition 1892 that's getting worked-upon....:)

And here's sincerely wishing you all the best on the employment front :yingyang: , of course.

Being a marine mechaic ensures I get time off every year. I just wish I had less to do when I am off work.... I have the hand and cylinder stop all tig welded up and ready to fit but I'm going to wait until I have the barrel lined. The major issue is that a standard .22 liner is too small to use to sleeve an 8mm barrel so I've got a new take-off savage 22 barrel with a ringed chamber coming to use as a sleeve. If anyone here needs a liner for a .22 let me know....
 
I have a real nice one comeing this week in its orignal service Holster :)

Its in orignal caliber which is still not that hard to get reloading for.
 
Back
Top Bottom