I've recently aquired a Remington varmint synthetic fluted 223 (1-12 twist, 26" barrel) and would like some opinions on what to use for a factory load. My plan was to buy 5-7 boxes from the same lot to get the brass and then reload those.
At any rate I'm thinking of getting the Hornady V-Max 40gr rounds as I've read heavier lead is for less twist. Would this be a good round and bullet weight to start out with for general target practice and gophers?
I havn't figured out what kind of distance I'm going for though. I havn't picked it up yet but my plan is to get a Bushnell 6500 Elite 2.5-16x42 tactical scope for it.
At any rate I'm thinking of getting the Hornady V-Max 40gr rounds as I've read heavier lead is for less twist. Would this be a good round and bullet weight to start out with for general target practice and gophers?
I havn't figured out what kind of distance I'm going for though. I havn't picked it up yet but my plan is to get a Bushnell 6500 Elite 2.5-16x42 tactical scope for it.


















































