I know that 30-06 has stronger recoil, it has a little bit better velocity and energy, there are more options for 30-06 reloading (can use heavier bullets) and for reloading 30-06 uses less powder. I also found that 30-06 has better ballistics than 308, but at the same time 308 is more accurate than 30-06. I have several questions:
* How big the difference in accuracy for different bullets (150, 165, 180, 200, 220)? Is it possible to reload 30-06 and achieve the same accuracy, or 308 will be better anyway?
* Is there real difference when using heavy bullets (180-220). Is 308 really worse than 30-06?
* Is it possible to kill grizzly quickly with 308 or 30-06? Has 30-06 much better than 308? (I do not plan hunt grizzly on purpose) On Federal Premium web-site (rifle load recommendations) couple loads offered for this purpose. Anybody tried them on grizzly?
* What kind of bullets do you use for deer hunting? I need recommendations for both 308 and 30-06. I need clean killing and the minimum meat waste.
Thanks.
* How big the difference in accuracy for different bullets (150, 165, 180, 200, 220)? Is it possible to reload 30-06 and achieve the same accuracy, or 308 will be better anyway?
* Is there real difference when using heavy bullets (180-220). Is 308 really worse than 30-06?
* Is it possible to kill grizzly quickly with 308 or 30-06? Has 30-06 much better than 308? (I do not plan hunt grizzly on purpose) On Federal Premium web-site (rifle load recommendations) couple loads offered for this purpose. Anybody tried them on grizzly?
* What kind of bullets do you use for deer hunting? I need recommendations for both 308 and 30-06. I need clean killing and the minimum meat waste.
Thanks.


















































