308s worth buying?

Savage 99, BLR, and the Henry Long Range in 308.... in levers, you can't go wrong for a hunting gun! The 308 has the option to go with the lite ammo.. (ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J8_MtbmLjM ) and up to loads for anything in North America.

Only problem is local caliber restrictions, case restrictions... still got research to do.... but

I was in the Bass Pro (not in Canada) looking and I heard someone asking for a AR-10 in 308... off they went to the other end ... bit out of what I want to spend.... but in that price range... Berreta, Springfields, Zion, X-95, FN.... so much selection.
https://www.guns.com/firearms/rifles?product.specs.Caliber=.308 WIN&itemsPerPage=96&priceRange=$1750 - $1999,$1500 - $1749,$1250 - $1499,$1000 - $1249,$750 - $999,$500 - $749&sortBy=price_hi_low

There is a Tikka 6.5x55 I am more inclined to but the Savage 99 and Long Ranger, cheaper, more options for ammo... (insert image of head spinning and indecisive person)


Back to 308, went into a shop local to where I was and I was looking at another interesting one recently, the FN and some others meh ... BUT it sits nice in the shoulder, a bit weird feeling the first time you raise it up but also sits in there nice, didn't have time to put any down range but gotta say... definitely interesting... and more than I would spend right now
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1202343716


On the cheaper end of the scale, anyone mentioned or have any feedback on the MVP Varmint in 308 though, it looked good, the muzzle break...??? Looks like the one I was looking at sold, kinda the same idea with a bit of an ugly paint job. The LR is also good looking and cheap.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1204032146
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom