I just about finished up my new 32-40 "Squirrel Bomber" based on a No.4 mk.1 which was previously a Parker
Hale basic L.E. sporter from the 50's. I've got 'er to the range testing stage and will be doing that next week.
The barrel is a 24" McGowen supplied by Mystic Precision and was profiled,chambered & threaded to my specs
by Terry at Black Art Rifle Co. (Nice work & finish,by the way!)
I machined up a locking collar for the barrel from C360 brass round bar and set the headspace at 2 thou for
initial trial. I also notched the breech end of the barrel for the extractor, which I thinned out for the narrower
than standard barrel notch I used. The scope is a Nikko Sterling 4X that is ideal for the terrain and critters
this puppy is gonna be used for. I'll be using 170 gr. RNFP cast boolits only in this beasty and not be exceedin'
20,000 psi with me loads either.
I like the feel and balance of the bugger, and even though it looks kinda plain, it turned out just as I envisioned
for this build. A fun and easy to use small game to deer-sized critter rifle that will do the job for me once I get
'er dialed in. Clay-bird sized objects will be in harms' way at 200 yds.