38 in a 360 ?

Moe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Location
Fredericton
I think I read somewhere that you can shoot 38 special or 38 S&W in a 360 CF / Webley.

Someone want to sort me out on this? if so are they strong enough for factory 38 (non +P)

Thanks
Moe
 
assuming you have the gun, slug the bore and do a chamber cast of the cylinder using parafin wax. That will tell you if the dimensions of your proposed ammo are close to what the gun is chambered for

cheers Doug
 
I know of one guy that shoots .38 S&W out of his. Lead bullets only, nothing jacketed. Although a .38 Special will fit the chamber, I don't know that I would push an old girl that hard, and especially not factory +P's
 
You would be safer to use very light loads, or something like Pyrodex, Trail Boss or BP. I would not even chance something like 777. And lead boolits only.
 
Thanks guys. Actually don't own any antique handguns yet. Just doing my research and asking a lot of questions as I go through the learning stage prior to spending what can be a lot of cash.

Moe
 
Back
Top Bottom