.50 ae

lucky72

Official French Facilitator
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Location
Outawais
I have a friend that just bought a pistol .50 AE , i have been on the search for about 4 days now to find ammo without success, why is it so hard to find?
 
cyclone not sure about the model, i was at the range with him this weekend and he ask me to get him some ammo, the deal is,if i find him ammo i will be the first to try it
 
I believe there is a gun store in Valley View, AB that had some .50AE last time I was there.

This is very, very rough information as I cannot exactly remember which town I was in when I saw it. I only know I was NW of Edmonton in between Edmonton and Grande Prairie.

Although, I just checked my list of AB gun dealers and saw no one listed in Valley View.
 
Check with Al Simmon's gun shop - 1-877-454-0416.
Worth a shot.

Ditto.
I was checking out a box two weeks ago for s**ts and giggles.
He had a few boxes of the stuff.
It was not moving briskly at the price range demanded though.:eek:
I forget the make, but I think it was like 52 bucks a box.

Try Ellwood Epps as well.
If anyone has it, it would be them.
 
$52 a box!
And you are complaining???
Out here last year it was $65 then add the 12% for tax. This year it is $72 and going up! Afraid to say but I think this cartridge will soon be extinct.
 
I was about to say - unless its a 5 round box or something.

Al Simmon's ain't the cheapest show around, prices are usually still reasonable, and considering they're not a big box and everyone there seems to certainly love guns, I don't mind spending a few extra dollars.
 
You don't buy a gun that chambers something like that unless you reload. Even loading, is a very expensive proposition. Search around, I know another member here has one, and he imported (legally) a bunch of bullets through one of our sponsors located in the USA. Maybe find out where he got them from, let your friend know, and buy a stinkpile all at once to make it worth your while. If he has the $$$ to buy a gun in 50AE, he better have budgeted to shoot it.
 
i don`t think he is worried with the money, but i find it hard to belived that they sell that pistol but they have issue with the ammo.
 
i don`t think he is worried with the money, but i find it hard to belived that they sell that pistol but they have issue with the ammo.

The problem is that it is not a popular cartridge. Not by a long shot. You can count the number of guns chambered in .50AE on one hand... One finger, actually... ;) So you really can't expect it to be readily available.
 
Back
Top Bottom