7.5x55 swiss...

ratherbefishin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
now that I own a K11-where's the best place to buy ammunition,or is it a strictly reloading proposition?[got dies]
 
Last edited:
Possibly one of the fellows here on the EE, do a search there was a nice guy selling a bunch back east........Try some of the sponsors up top.

Locate berdan primers and reload GP11 brass or buy prvi virgin brass and reload with boxer, Gluck
 
Where you are maters. There is no 'best place'. Epp's lists ammo and brass. No prices or maker. Most likely to be Norma though.
"...Locate berdan primers..." Good luck with that. Reloading berdan primed brass isn't worth the time and effort.
 
GP11 ammo generally sells for about $0.56 per round. It is very good quality and likely cheaper to buy than to reload. The ammo is not scarce, just not available in Canada right now in any quantity.
Unfortunately it is released by the Swiss in sea container sized lots. Since a sea container represents several years of Canadian demand, not many dealers are interested in stockpiling it for extended periods of time.
I am currently working on a less than container load, but it will be several more months before it will be delivered.
 
GP11 ammuntion is Berdan primed, and not easily reloadable.

SSI64315.jpg


1. Invest a few $ in a RCBS berdan decaping tool
2. Get in touch with your local Swiss shooting club/association...
3. and ask them if it's OK to pick up once fired brass

Your reloading problem is solved.
 
SSI64315.jpg


1. Invest a few $ in a RCBS berdan decaping tool
2. Get in touch with your local Swiss shooting club/association...
3. and ask them if it's OK to pick up once fired brass

Your reloading problem is solved.

You still need to find Berdan primers, which are also more expensive. It's far easier to buy brass or make it from .284 cases.
 
I'm going to keep my eye out in the gunshow this weekend for either .284 or 7.5x55 brass.Whats the best bullet for general use?I like the Privipartizan for my 6.5x55 and 9.3x57 swedes
 
You still need to find Berdan primers, which are also more expensive. It's far easier to buy brass or make it from .284 cases.

I reload GP11 cases exclusively. I got rid of all the boxer primed 7.5X55 brass I had as I've found that the GP 11 cases work the best. I have over 2000 berdan primers. Yes they do cost more then boxer but, first off the cost of boxer primers has gone up in the past two years to close the gap with berdan primers, secondly the GP11 cases are a by product of shooting factory ammo so the case is a freebee. Boxer primed cases in 7.5X55 are not cheap, and I've had NNY cases split on their first firing. Not impressed:mad:

I wish people would shut up about how Berdan cases can't be reloaded. Myth:stfun00b:They can. You just need to get off your butt and do it.

Sticker
 
I reload GP11 cases exclusively. I got rid of all the boxer primed 7.5X55 brass I had as I've found that the GP 11 cases work the best. I have over 2000 berdan primers. Yes they do cost more then boxer but, first off the cost of boxer primers has gone up in the past two years to close the gap with berdan primers, secondly the GP11 cases are a by product of shooting factory ammo so the case is a freebee. Boxer primed cases in 7.5X55 are not cheap, and I've had NNY cases split on their first firing. Not impressed:mad:

I wish people would shut up about how Berdan cases can't be reloaded. Myth:stfun00b:They can. You just need to get off your butt and do it.

Sticker


+1

I made (for under 6$) a hydraulic decapping tool for berdan. Very easy to use and will blow the primers out past the factory crimps. Actually deprimed about 60 rounds of GP11 last night and took about 10-15 minutes max including cleanup. Berdan primers can be had from North Sylva in Toronto for about 7.2 cents a piece plus tax. Most of my GP11 brass has seen 4 reloads so far and is still looking really good. I made a post here including a youtube link of me using the decapping tool.
 
Back
Top Bottom