7.62 x 51 ?

I had some listed on the EE with stripper clips and in bandoleer kit's & note even 1 offer. @ 80 a round and reloadable I figured it would sell like hot cakes in the lowermainland but I guess I was wrong to think that. I think every 1 like's to spend a $1.25 a round just to shoot at the range. Oh well save more food for my baby's I guess.
 
I had some listed on the EE with stripper clips and in bandoleer kit's & note even 1 offer. @ 80 a round and reloadable I figured it would sell like hot cakes in the lowermainland but I guess I was wrong to think that. I think every 1 like's to spend a $1.25 a round just to shoot at the range. Oh well save more food for my baby's I guess.
That's hilarious. Everyone wants 7.62x51 milsurp, but it's assumed that we are gouging @ $1.00 per round. Reloading is your best friend then. Forget about getting any milsurp for any less. Those days are long gone. Even 7.62x54R is scarce and demand is high with prices accordingly. Once the stocks of 7.62x39 dry up, the same will happen to feed all those SKS's.
 
I was just in Van last week and I found 6 boxes of Austrian 7.62 ball for $11.99 a box at Daves Tactical....Thats all they had....If they had a case of it I would have bought it all!!!
 
I was checking my personal ammo at home while moving it into a proper storage locker and found some IVI ball 7.62x51 in minty original boxes that I forgot about from several years ago (about 120 boxes that I bought from a gun show, and no I won't tell you what I paid because it would just make you cry). I very quietly put it away because if Dianne saw it she would sell it in a heart beat at the store. Some day I will actually shoot this in one of the rifles I never seem to have time to get out with. Phil.
 
i have been quietly stocking up on a sick amount of brass, bullets, powders and primers, specifically for reloading for my M14 type rifles and the 300 magnum bolt gun i'll be buying this summer. cuz one day that source will be restricted too and then there will be no ammo, even for reloaders
now i just need to learn to reload and my ammo shortage for my 308 cal rifles is over for a very long time ;)
and the added benefit of roll your owns is that you can find the load your rifle likes and then make every reload specifically for your rifle.
 
I had some listed on the EE with stripper clips and in bandoleer kit's & note even 1 offer. @ 80 a round and reloadable I figured it would sell like hot cakes in the lowermainland but I guess I was wrong to think that.

What would the OP define as cheap? The above seems like a decent price for boxer primed brass cased surplus ammo. Not super cheap, but not excessive, either.

I reload 30-06 at about $0.60/round for my Garand, and you are not going to find any surplus ammo for less than reloading costs.

Mark
 
Back
Top Bottom