7.62X39mm - Who has the all out best price?

The 199 a crate shipped was a great deal I ordered two. However the deal from tradex is excellent as well.

However if you want some you probably should be buying at these prices 7.62x39 surplus is available and a just a little more expensive than before.

I had bought a couple of crates of the 7.62 x 51 portgugese at 300$ shipped. Once the supply ran out the price quickly doubled and then tripled.

We use to be able to buy surplus 9mm,303, 30-06 and now they do not exist at any price.

My point is if you wait to save 10-15 bucks on a crate of ammo you may never get it.
 
It's hard to beat Tradex's deal, especially if you live somewhere you can't get the surplus locally.

$200/1120 is a bit over $0.18 a round. The only thing cheaper than that is rimfire ammo.

It's not going to get cheaper or more available. Buy it now, while you can.

Where do you see $200? I just went to their site, it's $225 shipped plus tax. That's over $250, significantly more than a "$10 or $15 difference" from my last crates.
 
$200 a crate was your number for an "acceptable" price. The Tradex price is still an excellent deal, given that shipping is included and there's 80 rounds more in the case.

The $230/1120 that Lever charges is still only $0.205 a round. That's still very cheap for centerfire rifle ammo.

FWIW, I got three cases from Milarm in Edmonton for $205, tax included last week.
 
$200 a crate was your number for an "acceptable" price. The Tradex price is still an excellent deal, given that shipping is included and there's 80 rounds more in the case.

The $230/1120 that Lever charges is still only $0.205 a round. That's still very cheap for centerfire rifle ammo.

FWIW, I got three cases from Milarm in Edmonton for $205, tax included last week.


$200 isn't acceptable, it's just the absolute max I'm willing to pay, and that's with tax in. Even that's a rip off IMO, this ammo used to be a helluvalot cheaper. There's no real reason for the price increase, it's just that people use that tired comparison "look how cheap it is compared to other centerfire ammo" to justify it and that somehow suckers others into paying that kind of money. The guns are mediocre and the milsurp ammo is worse, this is no precision 30-06 we're talking about. I EXPECT it to be dirt cheap, because that's all it has going for it.

For the record, my .22 is more accurate than my SKS at close ranges and no less accurate at longer ranges. I could care less how the round is primed, I'm shooting for fun, and at this rate I'm perfectly happy shelving the SKS and just shooting the .22 for plinking. It's a pain in the ass disassembling and cleaning the snot out of the gun every time I shoot it anyway.
 
I was just looking for current price comparo. In a 200km radious the price varied 50%. The wealth of answers was awesome and thanks to all that contributed.

The SKS may never be a collector item but for the current price of fun it is a bargain.
 
Somewhat off topic... I remember buying a crate of 7.62 X 39 made by Norinco. Non corrosive and a great price.
Why aren`t these crates still available. I cant believe that the Chinese stopped making them.;)
I would pay more than the Czech variety for the non corrosive alone.
 
I have, but the thing is, I actually shoot my guns instead of just talking about them on the computer. Hence I go through ammunition. Crazy, I know...

What does that have to do with not having stocked up?

I go through a lot of 7.62x39 as well. And I have more in stock right now than I did last year.
 
Somewhat off topic... I remember buying a crate of 7.62 X 39 made by Norinco. Non corrosive and a great price.
Why aren`t these crates still available. I cant believe that the Chinese stopped making them.;)
I would pay more than the Czech variety for the non corrosive alone.

A huge amount of that stuff was destined for the US amrket, then got banned for import into the US as part of the no Chinese arms or ammo rule.
It would be great if it could make its way into Canada.
 
$200 isn't acceptable, it's just the absolute max I'm willing to pay, and that's with tax in.

Then you might not be shooting it anymore.

BTW, do you go year to year and NOT expect/hope for a salary increase? Wouldn't you be happy with what you earned a couple years ago?
 
I curtailed other aspects of my life to be able to "stock up". Such as eating mac'n cheese (supplemented with deer and moose from the freezer) and having no social life due to being a housebound shut-in, also saved gas money by cutting down on the long drives to the range.

It actually wasn't that bad except the fewer trips to the range which I am making up for now and staying home allowed me to get more time in on CGN and fondling my guns in front of the TV/ obsessively cleaning them every other day :)

My SKS isn't the only gun I have and my play funds aren't unlimited, I never have more than a few cases at any given time. Must be nice to afford being "stocked up".
 
KD and Moose? I call BS.


I curtailed other aspects of my life to be able to "stock up". Such as eating mac'n cheese (supplemented with deer and moose from the freezer) and having no social life due to being a housebound shut-in, also saved gas money by cutting down on the long drives to the range.

It actually wasn't that bad except the fewer trips to the range which I am making up for now and staying home allowed me to get more time in on CGN and fondling my guns in front of the TV/ obsessively cleaning them every other day :)
 
Then you might not be shooting it anymore.

BTW, do you go year to year and NOT expect/hope for a salary increase? Wouldn't you be happy with what you earned a couple years ago?

Which I'm okay with. It's not my only gun nor my favorite gun. If others are willing to pay that kind of money, let em. I'll toss it on the wall and remember how mediocre it was.

No. I'm not unionized, thankfully. I actually make roughly the same now as I did 4 years ago. When the housing market dived a couple years back locally you worked for what you could get, things are alright now but I'm doing a lot more commercial work than I ever used to. Money isn't everything, and I don't have the sense of entitlement that allows people to think they DESERVE a certain wage. Actually, I make less than I did 4 years ago, but I take unique and challenging side jobs which tend to pay quite well. It evens out. If you feel you DESERVE that sort of thing you'll likely be in for quite a shock some day.
 
Which I'm okay with. It's not my only gun nor my favorite gun. If others are willing to pay that kind of money, let em. I'll toss it on the wall and remember how mediocre it was.

No. I'm not unionized, thankfully. I actually make roughly the same now as I did 4 years ago. When the housing market dived a couple years back locally you worked for what you could get, things are alright now but I'm doing a lot more commercial work than I ever used to. Money isn't everything, and I don't have the sense of entitlement that allows people to think they DESERVE a certain wage. Actually, I make less than I did 4 years ago, but I take unique and challenging side jobs which tend to pay quite well. It evens out. If you feel you DESERVE that sort of thing you'll likely be in for quite a shock some day.

Who said anything about unions?
 
What's wrong with frying up a steak and having KD on the side? But yes to be absolutely very clear for you I was speaking more as in supplementing my diet with meat from my freezer, not eating the two together in the same meal.

Hope this is chewed up small enough for you to absorb now.

KD and Moose? I call BS.
 
Wow, buddy relax.

I was thinking it was a interesting combo. Regardless, can you keep your worthless jabber to yourself, this is a thread about prices. I, nor no one else here, care to hear about you "having no social life due to being a housebound shut-in".


What's wrong with frying up a steak and having KD on the side? But yes to be absolutely very clear for you I was speaking more as in supplementing my diet with meat from my freezer, not eating the two together in the same meal.

Hope this is chewed up small enough for you to absorb now.
 
Wow, buddy relax.

I was thinking it was a interesting combo. Regardless, can you keep your worthless jabber to yourself, this is a thread about prices. I, nor no one else here, care to hear about you "having no social life due to being a housebound shut-in".

Gear down big rig, I could have put a smilie emoticon in as much as you could have found a better way to say "interesting meal combination" other than "I call BS"

And my comments about doing what I did to be able stock up were clearly directed to some posters to show that being able to "afford" something sometimes comes at the expense of not being able to "afford" other things.

Let me know if this post needs an emoticon or two more ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom