Howdy folks.
As much as I love my guns, I'm out of my element with this one...A buddy showed me the remnants of [what I guess] a muzzle loading shotgun. No lock, or stock. I know nothing about these (might not even be correct about it being a shotty)
Looks to be about 16G, marked with: AH, 18, London, and some proofmarks. Has a place for a ramrod, brass bead front sight. Appears to be a broken tang. Will try to get some pictures of it today.
Is it a muzzle loading shotty? What else can I tell him about his "treasure"?
As much as I love my guns, I'm out of my element with this one...A buddy showed me the remnants of [what I guess] a muzzle loading shotgun. No lock, or stock. I know nothing about these (might not even be correct about it being a shotty)
Looks to be about 16G, marked with: AH, 18, London, and some proofmarks. Has a place for a ramrod, brass bead front sight. Appears to be a broken tang. Will try to get some pictures of it today.
Is it a muzzle loading shotty? What else can I tell him about his "treasure"?
Last edited:


















































