Quite literally up until wolfboy posted about his the other day, I did not know these even existed. Now I have one. From what I've been told it is a Winchester model 1886 1906 version (serial # confirms as 1 of 6724 made that year) and appears to be in pretty good condition overall. The bore had some surface rust, the elevator has some spotting and the action looks like it could use some TLC. I ran some G96 through it and then some Rem Oil and the bore looks pristine now. And it came with 10 rounds of factory Winchester ammo that I'm guessing from the numbers on the box was manufactured in May 1925. The stock may have been refinished but it looks pretty original to me with only 1 small ding. What looks like rust on the forestock cap is the bluing worn through to whatever the base metal is or changing colour (apparently old bluing does that). A couple of the screw heads are mushed a bit but it's all there and is an impressive piece of machinery. And no, it is not for sale. I am going to shoot it some day but not with 90 year old ammo!
Last edited:


















































