Brutus
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Well learned folks,
In the last few days I experienced this;
-original Remington NMA with Slix Shot, no issues at all
-Ruger Old Army with Classicballitx cylinder and Tresos, hardly any issues save the odd expanded cap jamming up the works
-Ruger Old Army with factory cylinder, factory nipples, three jams today from Remington #10 caps and 'regular loads'
Only fired six times with the NMA but I put about 72 rounds through the ROA on two separate days, starting with a clean gun each day.
When I pushed the limits of the ROA with hot loads, I backed off because of disintegrating caps. Majority of shooting was with reasonable loads.
I am not sure if this is a string of up and down quality caps that only today decided to plague me, or is Slix Shot the way to go?
Advice please?
In the last few days I experienced this;
-original Remington NMA with Slix Shot, no issues at all
-Ruger Old Army with Classicballitx cylinder and Tresos, hardly any issues save the odd expanded cap jamming up the works
-Ruger Old Army with factory cylinder, factory nipples, three jams today from Remington #10 caps and 'regular loads'
Only fired six times with the NMA but I put about 72 rounds through the ROA on two separate days, starting with a clean gun each day.
When I pushed the limits of the ROA with hot loads, I backed off because of disintegrating caps. Majority of shooting was with reasonable loads.
I am not sure if this is a string of up and down quality caps that only today decided to plague me, or is Slix Shot the way to go?
Advice please?



















































