Another interesting find, for Colt lovers

The pictures are not the best but I think this is a museum quality historic firearm given Samuel Colts involvement in the Civil War.
 
Thanks for all the complements and glad to be able to share this on this site with all interested members. I have been told by a Colt collector that this gun cost $50.00 new in 1867. That was one of the more expensive guns offered in this time period. I also discovered that this gun has the original cleaning rods in the stock. They not likely had been removed since the gun was manufactured. The original owner didn't know they were there and I haven't seen any reference to these guns having this as an accessory. The 2 rods screw together and attach to the wood cleaning rod under the barrel.





 
images
 
Holy crist !. Absolutely beautiful!!! cngrats! I have seen many things and every gun in the Cody museum but I think you get the cake with candles!! My Dad owned an original Remington revolving rifle but it was like a cooey compared. Talking about cylinder flash if we were:confused: I wouldn't think you would want to shoot that baby with a bare arm.:rolleyes:
 
I hate to dissappoint all you shooters out there but because of it's condition, which I believe to be unfired, I will not be shooting this gun. I just can't justify depreciating a gun this valuable. I plan on preserving this gun for generations to come. I have lots of guns that I can hear go "Bang" if I feel the need to. ;)
 
I hate to dissappoint all you shooters out there but because of it's condition, which I believe to be unfired, I will not be shooting this gun. I just can't justify depreciating a gun this valuable. I plan on preserving this gun for generations to come. I have lots of guns that I can hear go "Bang" if I feel the need to. ;)

Fantastic, just fantastic....but I thought that you, Kirk and Matt were only Winchester lovers!!! Lol!;)

OK
 
....but I thought that you, Kirk and Matt were only Winchester lovers!!! Lol!;)
If I had the resources, I'd have a nice collection of Winchesters, Marlins, early Savages, Colts and S&W Top Breaks to go along with a collection of best British doubles. Unfortunately, those resources have yet to materialize, with no prospective source in sight. Therefore, I content myself with a few nice old Winchesters.:(
 
And I'm in pretty much the same boat as Kirk. Winchester 1894s keep me in the poor house, can't afford to expand into any others - as much as I would love to. If funds were no issue, I too would have some nice old Marlins, probably a few Colts and old English doubles.

Matt
 
I hate to dissappoint all you shooters out there but because of it's condition, which I believe to be unfired, I will not be shooting this gun. I just can't justify depreciating a gun this valuable. I plan on preserving this gun for generations to come. I have lots of guns that I can hear go "Bang" if I feel the need to. ;)
Good call, Brian. Shooting a thing of beauty like that would be pushing your luck in my opinion. A truly world class collectible firearm. Literally ANYONE would be proud to own that shotgun. Thanks for posting.
 
Back
Top Bottom