Another interesting find, for Colt lovers

Road King,

It is always amazing to see these guns in this condition.
Beautiful to behold.
Congratulations.

I felt the same way when I saw the Model 1860 cased civilian Colt Army on an auction site as shown below.



Interesting photo that you posted above with P.T Barnum’s comment.

I found a photo in Roy Marcot’s book on Berdan’s sharpshooters during the Civil War with a soldier holding a Colt revolving rifle.
Unfortunately my Photo Bucket upload is giving me problems or I would post it.

David
 
Here is an interesting photo and comment that I found with regards to shooting these revolving guns.


That is an interesting photo, wonder what prompted the short guy to trade for the Colt-- the old Spencer was a pretty reliable repeater. The tall dude could maybe load the Spencer easier with one hand. :D I was looking in an old Bannerman catalog of my Uncles from 1933 tonight and noticed several Colt revolving Rifles for sale priced from $40.00 up, also some interesting information
No mention of the shotguns that I could see, but something I did not know-- they claimed that some of the military model in 56 cal, were purchased in 1857 by the Government and thus was the first repeating rifle adopted and used by the U.S. The U.S. Navy also purchased some during the Civil War at $44.00 each, these had a saber bayonet with 24 inch long blade.
Your shotgun is beautiful, I certainly would not shoot it.
 
Here is an interesting photo and comment that I found with regards to shooting these revolving guns.


But the tall guy is right handed!? (cross draw pistol) I've never known someone to shoot left handed rifle and right handed pistol!? Its not an impossibility I suppose, I think he got his paw stuck somewhere other than in front of a chain fire.
 
Back
Top Bottom