Antique handgun carry as sidearm?

I think that this thread has just about run its course.
I am only posting on here because I have owned and shot every type of antique firearm (also modern) you can think of for the last 50 years. They were always treated as firearms and or (Weapons) if you must. Many years ago I probabley crossed the line of legal and not legal lots of times. Water over the bridge, and does not justify doing it now. Not long ago I became interested in getting a couple of my prohibs reclassified as antiques which they were. Also I have been searching for some time for a Husqvarna 1887 that met the antique criteria, I found one and wanted to shoot it. First thing I did was read every sticky and post on antique pistols and rules that I could find. IT IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT TO OWN, TRANSPORT, STORE AND OR SHOOT AN ANTIQUE PISTOL IN TODAY'S WORLD. The very best advice that has been given is to treat it as restricted or prohibited, but you don't need permits or a license . It is all on here, on (CGN) If Mr. Rocco can not get it figured out VERY QUICKLY, I would sincerely ask the moderators to delete this thread and remove Mr. Rocco because he is doing no one, including himself any good, he has not listened to one piece of advice and as has been said is hell bent on his way to destroy a privilege many of us love. By the way this is NOT answering with a question. thank you
 
question with a question.....

Come on! My question was of the rhetorical sort... Really, the answer was quite obvious...

Clear answers have been given. All of the information has been posted before, in stickied threads, and with some great discussions... No need for this thread to remain, muddying the waters, so to speak...
 
I am only posting on here because I have owned and shot every type of antique firearm (also modern) you can think of for the last 50 years. They were always treated as firearms and or (Weapons) if you must. Many years ago I probabley crossed the line of legal and not legal lots of times. Water over the bridge, and does not justify doing it now. Not long ago I became interested in getting a couple of my prohibs reclassified as antiques which they were. Also I have been searching for some time for a Husqvarna 1887 that met the antique criteria, I found one and wanted to shoot it. First thing I did was read every sticky and post on antique pistols and rules that I could find. IT IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT TO OWN, TRANSPORT, STORE AND OR SHOOT AN ANTIQUE PISTOL IN TODAY'S WORLD. The very best advice that has been given is to treat it as restricted or prohibited, but you don't need permits or a license . It is all on here, on (CGN) If Mr. Rocco can not get it figured out VERY QUICKLY, I would sincerely ask the moderators to delete this thread and remove Mr. Rocco because he is doing no one, including himself any good, he has not listened to one piece of advice and as has been said is hell bent on his way to destroy a privilege many of us love. By the way this is NOT answering with a question. thank you
Thank you Jack for your responce. I have all the info I need. Like the RCMP told me today treat it like a RESTRICTED gun. That is what I will do. Like you did, I am just trying to find out info. I am not trying to start anything. OT… I will say in Canada, it seams like everything is a privilege these days.
 
The issue will generate discussion until someone reports a first hand encounter with a LEO while carrying an 'antique' pistol - concealed or otherwise; paper work and documentation notwithstanding.
All the rhetoric about legality, etc. is meaningless twaddle until that time. Who wants to be the first?

Asking a law enforcement agency or civil servant for the definitive answer is fruitless. The last person to ask re: any firearms law is a cop.
 
Last edited:
wow...if there is no answer...then why did you waste your time playing teacher... i do no own a antique handgun, i do not want to run around with them... i have never said that. but you did interpret my question in a different way... i am interested in owning one, just information on there limitations...
and Yes calling the RCMP and OPP is irresponsible, i should have called you...and listened to you scream at me like and **8%4^

not complicated at all..
you still did not answer the question of having 2 on you at the same time?

Wow In 5000 posts I cannot recall anyone ever needing to disrespect and throw names at jethunter before? Why are you guys bothering with this troll it was obvious from post 1 that this was heading to aggravation land.
 
Back
Top Bottom