Ok just to be Clear here with theses posts that come up.
Number 1 everyone who buys and likes to shoot and antique should join a gun club.
I shoot my guns at the local range not in the Bush much as i dont want a shot thats heard accross Canada, like the wrong person hearing or seeing that even tho going by the regs its legal to do.
I take my Antique with me on walks in the bush because i can, and feel good knowing its on my person not so much to shoot it, thats what ranges are for.
I dont recomend blasting away at stumps in crown land when theres perfectly good ranges where you can shoot without any worrys about who will hear or see you or COs strip searching you.
I take my Antique for the feeling it gives me and knowing my 250 gr lead SWC bullets at 800+ FPS is better than waveing my #### in the air should i be attacked (by anything) or one of my dogs attacked by anything while out there. my legal reason for haveing it is to target shoot but lets face it if a cougar jumps you your gona do whatever it takes to get outa that situation.
Common sence and being responsible keeping a low profile by useing your safe local range when shooting is the way to go.
I like haveing my antique with me in remote places but i dont blast away at stuff for s**ts and giggles.
I should be able to do this till i die of old age and if i never fire a shot out there so be it.
The range is much more fun no worries place to shoot.
Edit:: Dam i thought this was the Bush carry Sticky. Mods can move this please if they want.