Any 10 gauge hunters, BP cartridge or muzzleloader?

Haven't considered selling it. Been working on a little collection of 19th century doubles, most muzzleloading. In their day, these were about the most common working guns around. The 14 bore is a very nice gun; have had it about 40 years. Shoots as well now as the day it was made. Have used it to hunt geese, snowshoe and arctic hares, ptarmigans and grouse.

i was talking about the big boom stick :p mr.8ga i must be crazy though because i have a liking for big guns (10ga,.50bmg.577-450 and some bigger guns)
 
When I get a chance, I'll take photos of some of my other ml shotguns. The most unusual is one that I believe was Canadian made. It is an 11 bore double, and based on careful measurement, the barrels are from a pair of India Pattern muskets, cut to 37" and rebreeched. Gunsmith made. Originally flintlock, converted to cap. Buttplate is from a Long Land musket. Weighs 14 pounds. I think it was a market hunting gun.
 
Back
Top Bottom