any idea what or how old this is? new pics

guy who runs the shop says he has the lock that came with it, and is presently hemming and hawing over a starting price. i know he does`t have much in it, came in a grab bag of estate stuff. He does`t always price things he`s not sure about, but i get lots of good deals from him. he`s also my lead pipe supplier for my boolits
 
I have seen similarly shaped and sized blunderbusses. They were designed to be fired from a rider on horseback or from a rider aboard a camel too.
The user braces it against his one hip, points and shoots at the enemy, hopefully hitting something. Never seen one with rifling though.

Interesting indeed.
 
I measured the depth of the bore with a cleaning rod. There is 1/4 inch of breech plug. It is dished similar to a patent breech, but this is telling me that it may have been thrown together from spare parts to sell. I won't be proofing it at this time, but given that it is made from a rifled barrel, I may in the future have a new breech plug made and installed.
 
Using first wild a@@ guess:
Might be something a Turkish soldier might have picked up from a WWI desert battlefield somewhere in the Middle East while fighting Arabs/Bedouins.
Second guess:
A Morrocan souvenier for western tourists.
 
Back
Top Bottom