While mag dumps are fun, there is something satisfying about the whole procedure of a muzzle loader when shooting one.
Yeah I agree, original military style muzzle loaders are addictive and rewarding to shoot.

I had the pleasure years ago, of shooting a wheel lock pistol hand built by Taylor Sapergia from Prince George (shot it in Terrace) - I'll never forget that. What a piece of art.
I googled "Taylor Sapergia" - wow !!!!! - old school master craft - what beauties. In return - google "Bolek wheellocks" - most of audio on the yahoo links unfortunately are not in english, but just watch all the same and admire the craftsmanship.
Yeah I agree, original military style muzzle loaders are addictive and rewarding to shoot.
Curious if people shoot these here and what do you enjoy about them?
Just recently came across a movie "Alatriste" with Viggo Mortensen. Movie interesting to watch, and lots of matchlocks and wheellocks in action - come to think of it, it is a first time that I have seen wheellocks in a movie.
A matchlock shows up occasional at the Ridgedale black powder Sunday shoots.




























