Black Powder at the Range?

I had my 1.5" cannon out at the range today....the guys at the range beside us shut down to come over and watch/video. I had enough on hand for them to have a go too....all smiles, and big clouds of smoke!

:)
 
I'm always amazed, when this subject comes up, that this subject actually comes up.
I've never had a complaint when I lay down a ground cover/smoke curtain. I usually get a few laughs and maybe a couple of "wtf was that!!?"
I'm pretty sure I would ignore any complaints as they would not be coming from real gunnuts. If you don't like flame and smoke and loud noises, maybe you'd be happier to take up golf?
If there are the studious/earnest/ marksmen types on the line, as a courtesy, I would let them know that there's "fire in the hole" LOL But that's about it.
 
Big plus when shooting BP-flies and mosquito seem to vanish very quickly.

I mostly get very positive reactions from other shooters.Nobody can believe 38-55 can be that loud when loaded with 40Gr of BP and have that little recoil.Kids like it too :)
 
Back
Top Bottom