tactical870
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- Buckhorn, Ontario
Anyone here ever experiment with substitutes in cartridge guns? I was about to load up a few rounds of 43 mauser with Jim Shockeys Gold but figured I'd ask here first....
The only substitute I use is Pyrodex RS. There are guys who use Blackhorn 209 with some success. But $45 per pound is more than I'm willing to put out.
I always thought the smell is the best part! You guys go tell them women they are all crazy.
I weighed the options.... Her in her favorite naughty schoolgirl outfit or the smell of BP.... I'll let you know how the yukon gold works....![]()
Well if you don't have one, get a Thumbler or some other rotary tumbler with a ceramic media kit. Build a series of sieves from plastic pails. Starting with small holes on the bottom to drain the water, but retain the media, and larger holes in 2 pails that retain the brass but lets the media faal through.



























