Hello Gents.
My Ferguson breech loader....when it's finished from Rifle Shoppe parts.....is going to eat an European powder that works best - Schuetzen 3F.
Problem is, finding that powder in Canada. I found that the only Schuetzen dealer in the entire country is Raynershine in Saskatchewan.
So, I'm getting three pounds, at about $33 a pound. Sadly, getting black powder shipped to you is the killer. The shipping cost is $140 alone.
Oh well. I'm not enthralled with North American powder, so German powder (as it was with the original Ferguson rifle in the 1770s) is the way to go.
Cheers,
Bill in Nova Slowtia
My Ferguson breech loader....when it's finished from Rifle Shoppe parts.....is going to eat an European powder that works best - Schuetzen 3F.
Problem is, finding that powder in Canada. I found that the only Schuetzen dealer in the entire country is Raynershine in Saskatchewan.
So, I'm getting three pounds, at about $33 a pound. Sadly, getting black powder shipped to you is the killer. The shipping cost is $140 alone.
Oh well. I'm not enthralled with North American powder, so German powder (as it was with the original Ferguson rifle in the 1770s) is the way to go.
Cheers,
Bill in Nova Slowtia


















































