Calling Webley gurus.

you know that 22 rimfire is on the no go list for antiques , right ?

I do know that. I'm not thinking about converting to .22lr or any other cartridge on the (stupid) list. I do have an idea, I do want to see pictures of a .22lr conversion but it is not illegal, immoral, or otherwise. Thanks for your concern though.
 
So, anyone know how to get the cylinder off?

Easy just undo that Big screw on the barrels side and grab the cylinder and pull back the cylinder and its bushing will slide out.
Some get stuck and can be very hard to pull out others come out easy.
Depends on the gun.
If its stuck spray some oil in where the big screw comes out and let it soak in around the bushing.

When the cylinder comes out it will have a long tube thing sticking out the front.
Then you can strip it down even more go up inside the bushing undo the screw and now the extractor will pop out and the extractor spring.
 
Easy just undo that Big screw on the barrels side and grab the cylinder and pull back the cylinder and its bushing will slide out.
Some get stuck and can be very hard to pull out others come out easy.
Depends on the gun.
If its stuck spray some oil in where the big screw comes out and let it soak in around the bushing.

When the cylinder comes out it will have a long tube thing sticking out the front.
Then you can strip it down even more go up inside the bushing undo the screw and now the extractor will pop out and the extractor spring.

Damn - I figured mine was seized but didn't want to force it just in case I was missing something. Seems I shall have to force the matter (and cylinder) then. But first, a bath in ATF/Acetone while on a bench next to an unbalanced bench grinder.... the poor man's ultrasonic cleaning system :D
 
Damn - I figured mine was seized but didn't want to force it just in case I was missing something. Seems I shall have to force the matter (and cylinder) then. But first, a bath in ATF/Acetone while on a bench next to an unbalanced bench grinder.... the poor man's ultrasonic cleaning system :D

They can be very tight or as loose as a hooker on a troop train it just depends how often they were out.
 
Damn - I figured mine was seized but didn't want to force it just in case I was missing something. Seems I shall have to force the matter (and cylinder) then. But first, a bath in ATF/Acetone while on a bench next to an unbalanced bench grinder.... the poor man's ultrasonic cleaning system :D

Heh. That's a good idea! A washing machine on spin cycle might also work.
 
I think, everyone that's into handguns, at some time;) should own a Webley. Following that advice, I purchased a Mark VI a while ago.

455WebleyMarkVI.jpg


In addition to some reload info, primarily from a 1st edition Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook, I've scanned about four pages of Webley assembly and exploded diagram info. Some Mark IV and some Mark VI but if you're interested, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it on.
 
I think, everyone that's into handguns, at some time;) should own a couple Webleys. Following that advice, I purchased a Mark VI a while ago.

455WebleyMarkVI.jpg


In addition to some reload info, primarily from a 1st edition Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook, I've scanned about four pages of Webley assembly and exploded diagram info. Some Mark IV and some Mark VI but if you're interested, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it on.

there, fixed it for you.:D
 
When you take out the coin slotted screw, pivot the arm so that the holster wedge (the two triangles just in front of the cylinder) will pivot down. Now the cylinder will lift off the back. The holster wedge locks into a groove in the front of the cylinder and hold it in place.
 
Back
Top Bottom