Canadian BDX Inc. (Combat Masters Ammo Brand) any experience with?

I have heard that his ammo is for sale at TSE. Probably cheaper if you can get it there than shipping from BC.

I've only been able to get it occassionally from TSE. The most reliable place I've gotten it from is once a year at the Calgary gun show. Show up first thing in the morning and buy whatever his imposed maximum limit is.
 
A few of us ordered around 5K rounds of BDX 9mm about a month and a half ago... they were out of the weight we were going to get so we changed our order to what he did have. We had to wait a few weeks, but got them without hassle. I'm happy with the transaction and the price.
 
I just emailed him before reading this thread. Looks like I won't get a response. HAHA! Seriously, sounds like he sucks donkey's ass. He should just update his website that he's not taking any orders except retailers. That way, problem solved... No one would complain. I can't belive he's ignoring 50,000rds orders too. At least find the time to say something b/c that customer would be a keeper!!!

I have never read such negative comments on one particular firearms related store until now! How depressing since they sell pretty cheap reloads.

Anyone else know where I can buy bulk ammo for cheap besides Wolf?

Amazing that he got this far being that his customer service appears to suck beyond belief. Now, as he said on his own website, if it wasn't for private buyers, he wouldn't be at this stage where he could randomly pick business to deal with and ignore the rest. Sure, he does have a sincere side according to another poster, but this dude got lucky. Not even sure how he got this far. If only the business was like that, everyone would be rich.
 
I placed 2 orders with Kurt, for 2500 rounds each time. I was happy with the product and the service.

My guess is that he's more or less a one man show and communication, production, and shipping times reflect that.

My solution was to get back into loading.
 
Lucky for you! Besides Shooter's Choice, Combat ammo is by far the worse negative review I have read to date, not just firearms business, but any! Sure, I should take all this as a grain of salt, but there's enough bad press that it's deemed true.

Yup, I think he's one man show. He's very lucky to have gotten this far.

Sounds like too, you're one of the few that got very lucky to get an order, especially in short amount of time.

Sounds like he won't even take $$$ from people that want to buy. He claims to be receiving 50 emails a day and can't respond to all and ignore people a lot b/c he has no time. He should post something on website to weed private buyers should fix that problem.

Thus, in light of this event, I've decided not to buy Combat ammo from a retailer.

At any rate, this guy sounds like he's doing well. Lucky him...
 
I can tell you the Kurt is aware of this thread..

He is aware of CGN in general...

I can also say that whoever has been telling him things apparently has told him some interesting stories...

I'm not going to go into details.. But whoever it is thanks a bunch..
 
By the time his "works" comes out the ammo shortage will be over and his s**tty service will not be forgotten.

Exactly my friend.

He should invest 10 mins of his time to update his website, VM message, and auto email reply on inventory status, or whatever the heck is going on instead of being on ignore mode for whatever reason.

I am weeks away from buying reloading equipment. Once I start pumping 500rds an hour confidently, no bulk ammo buying for me... my $$$ will go into reloading components and suffer reloading component shortages but at least my future suppliers get back to me promptly. LOL
 
I dealt with CombatMasters/BDX on an order of under 10,000 rounds various calibers. Hard to get ahold of, certainly frustrating for anyone without the patience of a saint, but once Kurt tells you something it is so. I will deal with him again and he produces some of the best ammunition I have ever shot for the best price I have seen. Not worth getting back into reloading for what I can buy from him.

All that being said, communication is important. Face it, not everyone has the gift or the time to work on it. Cut him a little slack.

By the way, what is in "the works" is producing his own jacketed bullets at source rather than waiting on US suppliers and Customs hold-ups to get the supplies he needs to complete his product. These are things he can't control and I am sure every one of us understands his frustration at the delays from his component suppliers. After this is complete and running Kurt will have no outside source delays and his customers will be happier.
 
Back
Top Bottom