Cape Guns!!!!

cigar_man

CGN frequent flyer
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Location
Ontari Ari Oh
Ok, who has them!!!!

I have always dreamed of a Black Powder Express Double Rifle,,,,, some day maybe.

I just keep tripping over Cape Guns.

One that I just purchased and one that I have had for a long time.

1.
Fresh purchase, but not in my bare hands as of yet.

F and Hanquet Liege Cape Gun in 16GA and .40 cal

I am waiting to discover what the .40 cal may be, but suspecting or hoping, 360 Black Powder Express.

xTdkAFyh.png



2.
Thomas Bland & Sons Cape gun that was delivered August 19, 1884 to a Sir Wilfrid Lawson, 2nd Baronet, of Brayton

.577 Snider and .12 Bore 2 1/2"

Jones under-lever hammer gun with full colour hardening

I have a letter from Thomas Bland & Sons Archives


mEzEIssh.jpg
 
Last edited:
Update,,,,,,,Interesting enough, I did a chamber cast (Cerrosafe), she's a 10.15x61mmR "Jarmann"

I may even have some brass at hand already.

Here is a pic of the barrel marking

ra5PJX9h.jpg


Upper barrel (Rifled barrel)

Provisional Proof Mark

9.4

10.0

* over the letter U

Provisional Proof Mark

* over R

Le Perron Mark (candlestick)

Crown over R

Crown over ELG with a * below (Definitive Mark?)

Bores are in exc shape.

Stocks are solid.

No rust, just carry wear.

Thanks, Trade Ex

This gun seems to be part of the Swedish lot of firearms they have on hand.
 
Last edited:
I have one from Liege. 12 ga. and some unknown BP rifle around 10mm

The 12 gauge bore is somewhat sketchy/pitted. The whatever-it-is rifle barrel is quite substantial.
PM me if you need one.
SrbRC07.jpg

AJVDmWo.jpg


(not a solicitation, well sort of it is but don't get your #### in a knot that should be on EE)
 
Here are some pictures of mine

First is a flintlock marked Reddell, rifle is 28 bore and the smooth bore is 18 gauge

IMG_0253.jpg

Next is a percussion by Keen, rifle is 55 cal and the smooth bore is 25 gauge, the odd thing on this one is the top rib is marked off in inches and from what i was told is used to measure horns??

IMG_9820.jpg

IMG_9819.jpg

And the a Thomas Murcott cased 12 bore one side is for the 2 1/2 inch shotgun shell the rifles side takes a 12 gauge at 1 3/4 but is missing the rear sight

IMG_0247.jpg


Picture 054.jpg

Picture 050.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9820.jpg
    IMG_9820.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_9819.jpg
    IMG_9819.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 138
Londonshooter, very nice.

Damascus barrels?


The cased Thomas Murcott, any luck with the original owner's name on the case.

I have not seen many flint or percussion here in Canada, most are U.S. based owners.

odd thing on this one is the top rib is marked off in inches and from what i was told is used to measure horns??

I have not seen that before.

The rear sight on my Thomas Bland was replaced as the original was lost by the previous owner many, many years ago.

I am on the hunt for an original replacement.

All these posted are all very beautiful indeed.
 
Back
Top Bottom