Hi,
Call me old fashioned, but I'm a firm believer in a big chunk of pure lead to slow a critter down. I was thinking of using cast .45 bullets in sabots in a couple of my .50 in-lines. Given that I already have the mould (yes - mould - I AM CANADIAN) for 450 gr. hollow points for my 45-70, I wondered how they would do. Has anyone out there tried this? Any critters to testify as to whether it slows them down quick?
Call me old fashioned, but I'm a firm believer in a big chunk of pure lead to slow a critter down. I was thinking of using cast .45 bullets in sabots in a couple of my .50 in-lines. Given that I already have the mould (yes - mould - I AM CANADIAN) for 450 gr. hollow points for my 45-70, I wondered how they would do. Has anyone out there tried this? Any critters to testify as to whether it slows them down quick?


















































