I am new to muzzzle loaders, but not new to shooting, reloading or casting.
I would like advise on casting projectiles for a newly aquired .50 cal in line. Hunting deer being the primary purpose.
I have had good success with the Lyman 12g slugs (the ones that look like jiant pellets). Can you buy just the sabbots and cast .45 cal projectiles, or would .50 cal be better. Soft lead seemed better in 12g, does this apply to muzzle loaders?
I have some .45 cal sabboted Hornady's.
I would like advise on casting projectiles for a newly aquired .50 cal in line. Hunting deer being the primary purpose.
I have had good success with the Lyman 12g slugs (the ones that look like jiant pellets). Can you buy just the sabbots and cast .45 cal projectiles, or would .50 cal be better. Soft lead seemed better in 12g, does this apply to muzzle loaders?
I have some .45 cal sabboted Hornady's.


















































