Wrinkling can also mean the mould is not warm enough. Pre-heat the mould by letting it sit on the top of the pot or hold the lower forward edge in the molten lead for a minute or so before you start a casting session. Controlling the mould temperature is just as important or maybe more important than the pot temperature. Cast faster to raise temperature and slow down to lower the mould temp. I heat my mould until the sprue plate lube starts to smoke, and then I start casting fast as I can to warm up the mould. First few casts will be wrinkly, but once you get the mould to the right temp the bullets start dropping out like magic. No smoking the mould is required on most every mould I've used as long as you run it warm enough.
Pete, you may have several issues
1) add just a hint of tin to the alloy.
2) bottom pour pot - make sure the pot is clean and the pour spout is not clogged (Make sure the pot is clean and do not use your casting pot to melt scrap and clean it)
3) Clean the mold using brake kleen, then acetone
4) Do not use oil or wax base flame to "smoke" the mold.
5) be very careful in lubing the sprue bolt and alignment pins in the mold - do this sparingly with "kroil" synthetic motor oil on Q tip.
6) get a 7" rotary sawblade and electric hotplate to place the mold on to pre heat it.
7) get a lead thermometer to check the temperature of your alloy.
When I went to the hotplate / saw blade pre heat the number of cold cast rejects (from a 5 cavity NOE alluminium mold) dropped to ten.
You may want to make sure your alloy is clean. Pine shavings ( available from a pet store as bedding) make an excellent flux - just do this outside...
I have been casting bullets for almost 50 years and my biggest problem is finding lead or suitable lead alloy.