Chinese 7.62x39mm surplus?

nestle

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there any Chinese surplus 7.62x39mm ammo available? Was it ever imported?

Thanks.
 
15to 20yrs ago when the first Norinco SKS's showed up you could buy cases of Norinco made ammunition for about the same price as the Czech stuff that is being sold now. I wish I could still get it as it was non-corrosive.
 
There was military surplus Chinese 7.62x39 imported in addition to the Norinco commercially packaged stuff.

It came in 700 or 750 round spam cans, two cans to a wood crate.
 
i bought several flats of the stuff , i think i still have 4 or 5 hundred rounds left .
the stuff i had was 20 rounds to a box , the bullets where in a white styrofoam " holder " .
each 20 round box was silver in colour .
can't remeber how many rounds where in the wooden crate / flat
it was labeled as noncorosive
the cases where dark brown in colour , the bullets where steel metal jacket with a coper coating , lead filled inside .
 
i bought several flats of the stuff , i think i still have 4 or 5 hundred rounds left .
the stuff i had was 20 rounds to a box , the bullets where in a white styrofoam " holder " .
each 20 round box was silver in colour .
can't remeber how many rounds where in the wooden crate / flat
it was labeled as noncorosive
the cases where dark brown in colour , the bullets where steel metal jacket with a coper coating , lead filled inside .
The surplus was wrapped in paper and sealed in spam cans. The boxed stuff was NC commercial.
 
i bought several flats of the stuff , i think i still have 4 or 5 hundred rounds left .
the stuff i had was 20 rounds to a box , the bullets where in a white styrofoam " holder " .
each 20 round box was silver in colour .
can't remeber how many rounds where in the wooden crate / flat
it was labeled as noncorosive
the cases where dark brown in colour , the bullets where steel metal jacket with a coper coating , lead filled inside .

The boxed stuff was NC commercial.


X2, my dad had purchased a norinco SKS for around $200, and a case of Norinco (non corrosive) ammo (around 1000 to 1200 rounds) for $200. Came in the Norinco silver box's, and the white styrofoam holder. Probably 5 or 6 years ago.

Has 200 or so rounds left.

Funny, the only cleaning he did to it was spraying it up with G96 to clean off the mud after quading.
When he has to start using the corrosive stuff, he will be getting a rude awakening!
 
The way I look at it, it may be non-corrosive by chinese standards, but perhaps not to north american standards. I don't think that it will corrode your firearm like the czech stuff, but I still wouldn't leave my gun without cleaning for a long period of time after shooting norinco. I don't know what their quality control is like, but I would tend to not trust it. I have never had problems with norinco, but who knows?
 
There was military surplus Chinese 7.62x39 imported in addition to the Norinco commercially packaged stuff.

It came in 700 or 750 round spam cans, two cans to a wood crate.

Yeah, I've got one of the "spam cans". Its getting a bit old so I think its the next case I'll shoot.
 
The way I look at it, it may be non-corrosive by chinese standards, but perhaps not to north american standards. I don't think that it will corrode your firearm like the czech stuff, but I still wouldn't leave my gun without cleaning for a long period of time after shooting norinco. I don't know what their quality control is like, but I would tend to not trust it. I have never had problems with norinco, but who knows?

the last time i cleaned out the gas tube on my sks was around 1998 , and i know i've fired a few hundred rounds through since then , without cleaning it .

i just pulled the gas tube apart was a few days ago , and it was oilly with a bit of powder residue , no corrosion .
 
The way I look at it, it may be non-corrosive by chinese standards, but perhaps not to north american standards. I don't think that it will corrode your firearm like the czech stuff, but I still wouldn't leave my gun without cleaning for a long period of time after shooting norinco. I don't know what their quality control is like, but I would tend to not trust it. I have never had problems with norinco, but who knows?
I do. Corrosive is like pregnant, it is or isn't. Either the primer contains Potassium Chlorate or it doesn't.
 
I do. Corrosive is like pregnant, it is or isn't. Either the primer contains Potassium Chlorate or it doesn't.

I was wondering about that. I have seen some ammo listed as "Slightly corrosive" in the past. I didnt trust it.

Also, is Mercuric priming corrosive?
 
in the 80's and 90's commercially packaged FMJ Norinco ammo came in 20 round green boxes, silver boxes, and yellow boxes (still have a few green ones) Later, Lever Arms was selling soft point in white and green boxes - still have a few of these as well. Also, russian hollow point was quite common back then. Came in little plain cardboard boxes packaged in what looked like a milk carton.
 
Back
Top Bottom