While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Found these scuba diving on the West Coast of Vancouver Island British Columbia thinking maybe you guys could tell me a little bit more about them the small ones are about 6 pounds and the big ones are about just shy of 12 pounds.
How have you dated these?
6lb and 12lb cannons would have been used from 15th century on. I am not sure about the shipping scenario of the time but if there in a hole in these balls they may have been used as depth finders.
I’m having a hard time uploading pictures I’m thinking there Turn of the century because I found them in a location that the Canadian military ships had there range practice In the 1900’s I think
I soaked them in used engine oil for a month to stop them from disintegrating because the first one I got just disintegrated being in fresh air the one that didn’t look like the rest already got the oil treatment and I washed it off thanx aye
I found these in about 120’ on bedrock as far as salvage laws go that ONLY applies too ships after 2 years of being sunk, random objects have no protection.