So you are saying, antique wont exist anymore as a no PAL firearm
No. It will be the unpermitted use that could be curtailed.
I dont see any reason to change anything, antique firearms are a extra marginal class of firearm
They did not intend that people would be going armed with holstered loaded revolvers, and this is what is happening. Look at the number of threads that have been posted here about antique revolvers being carried for defence in the bush.
Anyway, back to your original post abut the appeal of antiques...
I very much enjoy them. Started a thread about the English shotgun which I acquired last Friday. I am hopeful that I will be able to identify the crest on the silver thumb plate, because that could identify who owned it, or had it made, a couple of hundred years ago.
Another of my favorites is a 16 gauge Wilkinson flintlock shogun. Obtained a copy of the page from the Wilkinson record book for September 1822, when the gun was finished. Unfortunately the original purchaser was not recorded.

Antique pistols are also interesting.


Attachments
Last edited:



















































