I have a tranter in 44 rf I have some factory ammo but am keeping it. I don't think its hard to make your own hc 44 rf cases just see if 44 Russian cases fit the chambers and if they do fill the primer holes with sodered in brass rod pieces them mill out a spot at the edge of the case for a 22 blank. or 27 caliber hilti and just reload as normal.
as long as the made up cases fit nice in the chambers you can push them in so the hiltis or 22 blanks are at the 12 oclock position.
should work and there reloadable.
that's to rare and valuable a gun to alter anything but the ammo .
you may find you need a heeled bullet as my 44 rf ammo samples are all heeled.
the Dia or the bore will be bigger than .430 is my thinking.
I have a Remington 1875 in 44 Remington its also a heeled bullet so the bore is bigger than the 44 Russian 44 sp barrels.
if you find a bullet mold for that let me know I think its a hard bullet to find.
Awsome buy on that SAA rimfire-44! Wow. I'd jump at one like that in a heartbeat!
The bullets are going to be heeled. If so you are going to need a repeatable way to crimp the bullets into place. This tool is probably something you will be on your own with. Sounds like a nice horse pistol. Take care of it! : - )
Isn't a colt single action army in .44 RF pretty darn rare... AND EXPENSIVE?!? Is it worth the risk?
If you're looking for a shooter I'd straight trade a ruger single six![]()
Haha thanks for the offer. My plan is to shoot it a few times to check function then relegate it to the safe. If I decide to sell it I want to sell it as a fully functional gun.
I hear you... I've felt the need to fire a new gun.
I haven't bothered to google but I'd make sure to check it out... might want to get a colt letter.
Dixie Gun Works has .44 Rimfire cases that use a .22 blank as primer, they will ship those to Canada as far as I know. They should work.



























