Hello Folks, an old Teacher of mine has this gun that has been in his family since the late 1850's. So far I have been able to identify the lock maker and gun maker and provide him with that time frame. Can anyone provide us with any other good information and as always, any value other than possible wall hanger. It appears that the rifle barrel may be still loaded or some other type of blockage as I am unable to get rod to bottom. Stock is missing a large piece by right hammer. Apparently this happened when it was tossed out house window when the house caught fire. Other than that I will let the pictures tell the rest. Only other markings are the two notch looking ones on underside of barrel. It was not dismantled to check for any other hidden marks.
Thanks for your help.
Robert
[/URL]
[/IMG]






Thanks for your help.
Robert
[/IMG]

























































