H'ok guys,
This week I'm trying to estimate costs for Smith and Wesson New Model #3 parts. So far none of the smiths I've called have the parts or even have a clue what they would charge for them, so I'm asking you guys.
1) The New model #3 I received was listed as having a 6.5 inch barrel, but on inspection in fact has been cut down 1 inch and had a dovetailed front sight installed (the sight was brass soldered on and seems to have fallen off some time ago, since the break has aged).
How much value has been lost in the cut down barrel?
2) What would a replacement cylinder star cost? The ratchet on this one consistantly jams on one chamber and was all the teeth were filed significantly at one point.
3) The gun is missing the ringed plunger for the ejection system.
What do these cost?
Pictured is one from my other S&W new #3
This week I'm trying to estimate costs for Smith and Wesson New Model #3 parts. So far none of the smiths I've called have the parts or even have a clue what they would charge for them, so I'm asking you guys.
1) The New model #3 I received was listed as having a 6.5 inch barrel, but on inspection in fact has been cut down 1 inch and had a dovetailed front sight installed (the sight was brass soldered on and seems to have fallen off some time ago, since the break has aged).
How much value has been lost in the cut down barrel?
2) What would a replacement cylinder star cost? The ratchet on this one consistantly jams on one chamber and was all the teeth were filed significantly at one point.
3) The gun is missing the ringed plunger for the ejection system.
What do these cost?
Pictured is one from my other S&W new #3


















































