So lets say I have a .45 percussion cap rifle, and lets say I pour 80 grains of Goex fff down the muzzle and I seat a patched ball on top of said powder. Then lets say I seat another .45 cal ball sans patch on top of the patched ball, place a cap on the nipple and pull the trigger... Kaboom (I just F'd up my barrel) or 2 tightly placed rounds on target at say 50-75 yards?
I'm going kind of stir crazy with the thought. Has anyone tried this and can report on the result, putting poor Plinkers mind at ease
?
While I'm on the subject, how would someone load "buck and ball" in a rifle? some sort of hand made sabot?
I'm going kind of stir crazy with the thought. Has anyone tried this and can report on the result, putting poor Plinkers mind at ease
While I'm on the subject, how would someone load "buck and ball" in a rifle? some sort of hand made sabot?





























...points 1 thru 4 well taken. Mooncoon; we all know that you are far too humble to be inclined to offer advice, however on the "odd" and perhaps "off" day that you may succumb to your dark side and indulge...It would be appreciated






















