Customs $*@&$)@ed me over

Zip tying the gun sounds like a good idea. Zip tie the hammer so it can't be cocked and also zip tie the cylinder so it can't be opened. In the case of a semi auto pistol, a zip tie through the ejection port and through the barrel will prevent the slide from being racked. Have the person sending you the gun send you pictures of the zip ties in place There is no reason that the flunkies at CBSA need to check the function of a firearm. That is not part of their job and they are not qualified for that. If they have any concerns about a firearm they are suppose to call the RCMP to look at it. ....

What if they cut the zip ties? They have no respect for packages I can't see them leaving zip ties intact, probably scratch the gun while they were doing it too.

If I'm bringing a collectible gun into the country I have it shipped to a receiver in buffalo and import it myself with my car, it's the only way to be sure.
 
Don't feel too bad. A buddy of mine bought a $1500 katana that was shipped from Japan. The seller wrote that it was a theatrical prop on the customs form, and the customs agents took it upon themselves to remove the sharpened edge with a grinder, as it was too sharp to be a prop.
 
I know my gun can't compare with your $5000+ SAA, but if this makes you feel any better, one of the the officers at peace arch crossing broken open my S&W 44 russian DA while the hammer was still down.
 
What if they cut the zip ties? They have no respect for packages I can't see them leaving zip ties intact, probably scratch the gun while they were doing it too.

If I'm bringing a collectible gun into the country I have it shipped to a receiver in buffalo and import it myself with my car, it's the only way to be sure.

If they cut the zip ties and you have photos from the shipping showing the zip ties in place before shipping, then you at least have some proof that CBSA removed the zip ties. If there was any damage to the gun, then you have some proof to who did the damage.

May be of no help since trying to get a government employee to ever admit they did something wrong is nearly impossible.
 
If they cut the zip ties and you have photos from the shipping showing the zip ties in place before shipping, then you at least have some proof that CBSA removed the zip ties. If there was any damage to the gun, then you have some proof to who did the damage.

May be of no help since trying to get a government employee to ever admit they did something wrong is nearly impossible.
If they're polite enough they'll phone you and inform you they're going to cut your zip ties as they've phoned me and asking me for the combination to my trigger lock in the past.

That zip tie will come off and your gun will be molested.
 
I would phone your federal MLA and give them the run down and if they don't want to help contact RCMP they shouldn't of even touched it ,If there was any thing they did see that was right they should have contacted the PFO
 
I know my gun can't compare with your $5000+ SAA, but if this makes you feel any better, one of the the officers at peace arch crossing broken open my S&W 44 russian DA while the hammer was still down.

On a side note are you not able to open the action on a s and w .44 Russian with the hammer down (uncocked)?
 
I dont want to derail my thread but I wasnt aware of this. Is the hammer supposed to be in the safety notch for opening?
The hammer need to be in half ####.

I remember reading in on H&R or F&W manual for S&W DA top break lookalikes. I assume the same precaution applies to original S&W top break DA as well because it does feels hard to break open the revolver, especially when there are spent shells in the cylinder.
 
I meant that the half #### has to be engaged to open the chamber catch.On the early single and double actions the half #### notch acted as the safety.
The early DA don't have that notch/half ####, they have a different hammer and the firing pin rests on the primer. It really can be an issue when you load the gun since it can go off easily (was told that it happened).
 
Back
Top Bottom