- Location
- Ottawa Ontario
I've got my living room decorated in a "Canadiana" theme....canoe display shelf, snowshoes, spinning wheel, etc..., and was really wanting to add a rifle to the decor. Wall hanger cap and balls and flintlocks have been done to death, so I was wondering about one of my old Winchester leverguns which were originally designed for black powder cartridges. All of these rifles and carbines can shoot current ammo, so they aren't deemed "antique" and need to either be locked or deactivated completely. While I was @ a craft supply store with my wife, I noticed large shadow boxes which were designed to display things like signed hockey sticks and baseball bats, and thought a model 92' SRC would look pretty sweet displayed inside of one of these things, along with an old Hudson's Bay trade blanket, a stag handled bowie, and maybe an old leather ammo belt and empty cartridge boxes. I could anchor the gun through the back of the shadow box to a wall stud via a cable lock through the lever,so it couldn't be removed easily by a would be thief....that is if he actually got past the deadbolts and home security system in my house. Would this be legal enough for the powers that be?
Last edited:


















































