Dixie Arms .32 RF adapters, opinions?

According to Shot reference sheets
#1 buckshot Is: .30 or 7.62mm
#0 buckshot is: .32 or 8.13mm

I'v heard of people using #1 with decent results, but I dont know if #0 would be to big in diameter.
 
Last edited:
I am interested these although i would be worried about pressure issues if using factory ammo i would only use hand loads because of safety issues that come with antique firearms.
 
All of the factory .32rf ammo is loaded with specifically these guns in mind. They are loaded to safe levels, provided of course your antique isnt a loose sloppy rust encrusted piece.

If its in good mechanical shape, times and locks up properly, you should be fine.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a doable solution but I am not so sure about the charge of the 27 rams. I shot 22 rams in my 32 RF and I found them pretty hot already. I was shooting them in the HC casings and they were quite hard to remove. Those were 22, I am pretty convinced that the 27 will damage the brass, meaning you have to do a lot of work in making new brass. you need a good press drill for sure.

I was also shooting the HC casings with 22 acorns and 2.7 grain of Unique and liked them a lot more.
 
I have no trouble getting S&B starter blanks at the local gunshop. The 27 ones don't seem to hurt the cases but they are hot and due to the fact they are brass cased rather than copper they take a strong mainspring to ensure reliable ignition. The 22 blanks are much more reliable.
 
Finally got another 170 reloadable 32 rf cases done. These use a 22 acorn blank which as I have said before are more reliable in my .32 rf guns. I will also be doing 100 for the .27 hilti blanks tomorrow. They will be posted on the EE.
 
Finally got another 170 reloadable 32 rf cases done. These use a 22 acorn blank which as I have said before are more reliable in my .32 rf guns. I will also be doing 100 for the .27 hilti blanks tomorrow. They will be posted on the EE.

Where in the EE.
Good of you to do this,, gives Canadians a way to shoot there 32 Rfs.
 
Back
Top Bottom