Northman999
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- Southern Yukon
Fellows,
I'm off on a moose hunt in a few days and suddenly find myself out of commercial water-based bore cleaner that I use in my two muzzle loaders. It's also all out of stock in town here.
It's too late to order anything on-line and get it in time for my trip, so I was wondering if anyone has had success with DIY/homemade bore cleaning solutions, for use in the field. I've read that simply warming up some water, or windex, and adding a few drops of dish detergent works fine, but I have never tried anything other than commercial bore cleaners.
Do fellows think I could mix up a 100ml squirt bottle of something like this and head out on my hunt in good shape?
Any other reccomendations?
I'm shooting 777 on this trip in a Traditions in-line 50 cal muzzle loader with 300gr SST sabots, if that means anything.
Thanks!
I'm off on a moose hunt in a few days and suddenly find myself out of commercial water-based bore cleaner that I use in my two muzzle loaders. It's also all out of stock in town here.
It's too late to order anything on-line and get it in time for my trip, so I was wondering if anyone has had success with DIY/homemade bore cleaning solutions, for use in the field. I've read that simply warming up some water, or windex, and adding a few drops of dish detergent works fine, but I have never tried anything other than commercial bore cleaners.
Do fellows think I could mix up a 100ml squirt bottle of something like this and head out on my hunt in good shape?
Any other reccomendations?
I'm shooting 777 on this trip in a Traditions in-line 50 cal muzzle loader with 300gr SST sabots, if that means anything.
Thanks!


















































