- Location
- Aaaaaadmontin AB
I just bought a fine Uberti lever repro - the 1876 Centennial rifle in 45-75. What a pain - brass only comes out of the States by wagon train, bullets have to be cast by Yours Truly...and by the look of it only the manly black powder will serve as a proper propellant!
I haven't had this much fun since Pop bought me my first .22!
Anyhoo, I am looking at those beautiful single shots like the Sharps and Rolling Blocks and the fine micrometer tang sights they use...and I think I want one for my lever gun. I know this isn't a long range gun, and I know I won't match Quigley by shooting milk buckets at 800 yards...but I think one of those sights would be a helluva lot of fun to play with on the range! Have any of you fellers gone this route? If so, please let me know what your experience was?
If this doesn't end well I will just return the original sights and invest in a proper long range express gun. Ya know - the older I get the more fun this black powder nonsense appears to be! Your two bits are sincerely appreciated!
I haven't had this much fun since Pop bought me my first .22!
Anyhoo, I am looking at those beautiful single shots like the Sharps and Rolling Blocks and the fine micrometer tang sights they use...and I think I want one for my lever gun. I know this isn't a long range gun, and I know I won't match Quigley by shooting milk buckets at 800 yards...but I think one of those sights would be a helluva lot of fun to play with on the range! Have any of you fellers gone this route? If so, please let me know what your experience was?
If this doesn't end well I will just return the original sights and invest in a proper long range express gun. Ya know - the older I get the more fun this black powder nonsense appears to be! Your two bits are sincerely appreciated!


















































