Fowler Markings---need help

jpc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
692   0   0
fowler.jpg


Thinking of listing this fowler on the EE and would like to know what the proof marks stand for.


DB--maker?
14--ga
T*P--?
Crown BCP--?

Those are the ones I could read.

Thanks for your input and help.

jpc
 
JPC, I have almost finished restoring a near identical one. I have to still finish the nosecap and get the damn nipple out.

Aside from the frozen nipple the barrel is in splendid condition and shes really cleaning up nicely!!

The stock had some fearfull cracks and was dry as a bone, I used bedding compound to seal the cracks and have oiled the dryness out "raw linseed/mineral spirit mixture" I resoldered the barrel rib after tearing the rib off and cutting off the old solder , that worked well !! she still needs a bit but was well worth the effort!!

Shes almost pretty!!

Is the lock on yours marked goddard??

Cheers sir.

tradegunsofar003.jpg

tradegunsofar008.jpg

tradegunsofar007.jpg


PROJECT333777019.jpg

PROJECT333777018.jpg




The before pictures

NDNTRADEARMS019.jpg

NDNTRADEARMS018.jpg

NDNTRADEARMS016.jpg

tradegunsofar005.jpg

tradegunsofar004.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom