Are you asking or telling?Recommendations for hearing protection?
1. Active vs passive
2. Overear vs in-ear
3. Or double up
For eye protection
I wear glasses, are there goggles that can go over or regular glasses good enough
Recommendations for hearing protection?
I wear glasses, are there goggles that can go over or regular glasses good enough
Totally asking, I have no experience with hearing protection so wanted recommendations on models or type of hearing protection. What makes it good and what people usually use?Are you asking or telling?
What do you use and why ?
Thanks for the guidanceType in that little search box ( best hearing protection) top of the page right hand corner an you will find 10 plus pages of opinions.
Your audiologist suggests or your optometrist are ?
After all they are the real professionals.
Everyone's needs are different especially mine and yours .
Thank you for your insight!Just my personal opinions:
- consider what you shot first, handguns, rifles, shotguns or all of the above
- hearing protection lasts very long time given it's a quality built one, one of my active sets lasted over 15 years of light abuse. With long guns shooting you will want higher noise reduction and low profile muffs with cups resting around ears and potentially allowing adding plugs. My choice is active ones, have two now, Peltor/3M Tactical Sport (older set) and Sordin, both with gel pads.
- eye protection is a bit tricky if you need Rx glasses. You can have single Rx lense that's impact rated, impact rated glasses that accept Rx inserts, impact rated protective glasses and contact lenses.
As someone who needs Rx I tried all three options. I found contact lenses and good optical quality glasses to be best but cannot wear contacts full day so it didn't work out. Inserts are iffy, optical distortion and limited field of view play big role, if shooting outdoors you get dust on both lenses and that makes it a chore to clean them.
Good compromise is Rx impact rated glasses, that's what I use.
If you have high Rx then contact lenses with provide with best vision especially if you have astigmatism.
As far as I am concerned contact lenses are not eye protection when it comes to shooting...
Nobody said they replaced safety glasses. I used contact lenses. Safety glasses were cheaper to replace, than RX glasses. Then also I didn't want to wear glasses over glasses.As far as I am concerned contact lenses are not eye protection when it comes to shooting...



























