heavy barrel slug/bench rifles

cdnrokon

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Location
Manitoba
I have been gaining interest in this type of muzzleloader they shoot them in matches in Friendship ID. anyone here in the Canadian Gunnutz family shoot or build this style of muzzleloader?
 
I have never seen anyone shooting them in Canada but you can get lots of information about them from "The Muzzle-loading Cap Lock Rifle" by Ned Roberts.
 
I had a few. Even had a snider set up as a bench gun, it weighed in at 25lbs that beast would stack wadcutter over wadcutter at 100yds no problem. Barrel was custom made by an old guy I knew. He bored it out cut the flats chambered it and rifled it with his custom made rifling jig. Shot 550gr wadcutters out of her.
 
Look for the book,

" The Muzzle-Loading Cap Lock Rifle ", by Ned H. Roberts.

My copy is a privately printed edition, the NRA library.

Duplicate information !
 
Back
Top Bottom